Meet Mr. KC, a visionary with an unyielding belief in taking bold risks, venturing beyond comfort zones, and embracing uncertainty to reap the greatest rewards in our increasingly competitive world. Holding a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations and Development from Rangsit University in Thailand and a Masters of Public Health from BRAC James P. Grant School of Public Health in Bangladesh, his journey has led him back to his home country, Nepal, with a mission to make a significant impact in the public health sector.
Mr. KC’s commitment to excellence is evident in everything he does. As a Knowledge Management Officer at HERD International, he exemplifies meticulous attention to detail, ensuring that his work always exceeds expectations. Equipped with a range of organizational skills, he excels in developing and managing innovative approaches that foster knowledge sharing and learning. His dedication and strong work ethic enable the seamless completion of tasks, while his expertise extends to crafting and executing knowledge management strategies, curating and overseeing content and information, and leveraging cutting-edge technology for enhanced collaboration and information dissemination.
Notably, Mr. KC remains open-minded and adaptable, continuously exploring new knowledge management techniques to stay at the forefront of industry advancements. With his diverse background and wealth of experience, he offers valuable insights and strategic recommendations to propel organizational growth and achieve success. Mr. KC’s unwavering drive and passion for making a meaningful impact make him an invaluable asset to our team.
Work undertaken that best illustrates capability to handle tasks assigned
- Political economy analysis of Health Financing Reforms in Times of Crisis: Identifying windows of opportunity for countries in the South East Asian Region : (Jan 2022 to Jan 2023) funded by WHO SEARO. Role: Core team member in developing a case study from Nepal’s context, developing the report, Literature review and analysis of the change team.
- INSPIRE2CARE PROGRAM – A comprehensive study of household, health facility and disability assessment: (December 2017 to August 2018) funded by Karuna Foundation Nepal (KFN). Role: Quantitative data analysis, report writing, literature review and development of training manual
- Dalit Empowerment project: (January 2018 to July 2018) funded by Karuna Foundation Nepal (KFN). Role: Monitoring visit to Ilam, observation of early child development centers, quantitative data analysis, literature review and report writing.
- Impact Evaluation of Medic Mobile’s Intervention in Baglung District: (December 2017 to December 2018) funded by Medic Mobile Inc. Role: Interpretations of quantitative data, literature review and report writing.
- Factors affecting stock-out of essential medicines in government health facilities in Nepal: National level study (June 2018 to September 2019), funded by USAID. Role: Developing field manual for field researchers, Developing training manual, Quantitative data analysis and interpretations, report write-up.
- Improving Mass Drug Administration for Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination after Pre-Transmission Assessment Survey Failure: A Mixed Methods Study in Nepal (Project Duration: March 2019 to July 2020) : Role: Engaged in Developing presentation for two study sites, Report wrting, Quantitative data interpretations, Monitoring visit to Bardiya district in regards to data collection, development of field manual.
- COVID-19: Worked on developing presentation on global and national response of COVID-19, delivered presentation on COVID-19 to all internal staff members in the initial stage of the pandemic, Documentation on landscape of COVID-19 vaccine (types of vaccine, roll out plan of different countries)
- Development of Infographics: Infographics are used as a powerful tool to allow people to easily digest information through the use of visual data, charts, and statistics. With the proper use of color, proportion, and negative space, information can be transformed into memorable, attention-grabbing and even persuasive graphics, he is engaged in developing multiple infographics for projects, health day celebration and research uptake purposes.
- Business Development: Skilled in the art of crafting winning proposals and conducting insightful market analyses. With a deep understanding of the industry landscape and customer preferences, have learned to identify growth opportunities and tailor strategies that resonate with target markets.