Mr. KC has always stuck by the words “in an increasingly competitive, cautious and accelerated world, those who are willing to take risks, step out of their comfort zone and into the discomfort of uncertainty will be those who will reap the biggest rewards”. He received his Bachelor’s degree from Rangsit University in Thailand in International Relations and development and completed his Masters of Public Health from BRAC James P. Grant School of Public Health from Bangladesh, after which he returned back home with the goal of coming to his country Nepal and working in a public health field.
Mr. KC is hardworking, driven individual and strives to ensure that he is always paying close attention to detail and ensuring his work is nothing short of his best at all times. Currently, he is working as an Knowledge Management Officer at HERD International. He has the core qualifications of organization skills needed to develop and manage innovative approaches to strengthen learning and knowledge sharing. He has strong work ethic that leads to the meticulous completion of tasks. His expertise includes developing and implementing knowledge management strategies, creating and managing content and information, and leveraging technology to improve collaboration and information sharing. He is familiar with current knowledge management techniques and openness to learn more and explore new things. With his strong background, he is able to provide valuable insights and recommendations to the organization that drives business growth and success.
Work undertaken that best illustrates capability to handle tasks assigned
- INSPIRE2CARE PROGRAM – A comprehensive study of household, health facility and disability assessment: (December 2017 to August 2018) funded by Karuna Foundation Nepal (KFN). Role: Quantitative data analysis, report writing, literature review and development of training manual
- Dalit Empowerment project: (January 2018 to July 2018) funded by Karuna Foundation Nepal (KFN). Role: Monitoring visit to Ilam, observation of early child development centers, quantitative data analysis, literature review and report writing.
- Impact Evaluation of Medic Mobile’s Intervention in Baglung District: (December 2017 to December 2018) funded by Medic Mobile Inc. Role: Interpretations of quantitative data, literature review and report writing.
- Factors affecting stock-out of essential medicines in government health facilities in Nepal: National level study (June 2018 to September 2019), funded by USAID. Role: Developing field manual for field researchers, Developing training manual, Quantitative data analysis and interpretations, report write-up.
- Improving Mass Drug Administration for Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination after Pre-Transmission Assessment Survey Failure: A Mixed Methods Study in Nepal (Project Duration: March 2019 to July 2020) : Role: Engaged in Developing presentation for two study sites, Report wrting, Quantitative data interpretations, Monitoring visit to Bardiya district in regards to data collection, development of field manual.
- COVID-19: Worked on developing presentation on global and national response of COVID-19, delivered presentation on COVID-19 to all internal staff members in the initial stage of the pandemic, Documentation on landscape of COVID-19 vaccine (types of vaccine, roll out plan of different countries)
- Development of Infographics: Infographics are used as a powerful tool to allow people to easily digest information through the use of visual data, charts, and statistics. With the proper use of color, proportion, and negative space, information can be transformed into memorable, attention-grabbing and even persuasive graphics, he is engaged in developing multiple infographics for projects, health day celebration and research uptake purposes.