HERD International is a research and development agency dedicated to generating and utilizing evidence to improve the health and well-being of people. Our mission involves empowering individuals and communities through collaborative efforts with policy practitioners, researchers, and concerned stakeholders. We are committed to promoting evidence-informed and contextually tailored solutions to address local issues, strengthen systems, and establish best practices, with the ultimate goal of enhancing the quality of life.
Location: Pokhara Metropolitan City, Kaski District.
- Educational Qualifications: A master’s degree in public health, preferably with a background in Medicine from a recognized university.
- Professional Experience: Minimum two years of relevant experience at the national or international level in research methodologies, particularly in implementation research and non-communicable diseases.
- Health System Experience: Demonstrated experience within health systems, showcasing the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders for successful project implementation.
- Data Analysis Proficiency: Capability to interpret and analyze data to derive actionable insights.
- Government Collaboration: Previous experience collaborating closely with government bodies, especially local-level governments.
- Innovation: Capacity to bring innovative solutions and approaches to project challenges.
- Documentation and Reporting: Strong skills in documentation and report writing, along with proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, essential for effective engagement within project contexts.
- Sensitivity to Gender and Cultural Considerations: Recognition and integration of gender and cultural considerations in project activities.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in both English and Nepali.
Instructions for applying:
Interested and qualified individuals are requested to use the below link for the application to be completed by December 30, 2023.
Fill out the online application form and attach your latest CV and a cover letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
We encourage applications from women and people from diverse groups across ethnicity and geography.